Monday 27 July 2015

New Summer Jacket

I have been enjoying weaving a summer warp that I made from rich reds, yellows,oranges and purple cottons and silks inspired by some lovely Norfolk sunsets we've been enjoying. This was a real joy to weave. I especially liked playing with the different tonal effects created by weaving contrasting colours on the same warp, leading to some of the cloth being more red and other parts more purple. 
I wanted to make one of the patterns in the Saori blue pattern book - Fuku no Katachi ni Suru - coat on page 81, but I didn't have quite enough cloth ( I had already used some of the warp for a hanging). So in true Twisted Tailor style I frogged it :) Found some lovely natural cotton in red and magenta and made triangle shapes to fit into the gaps. Adding triangles instead of rectangles to the front gives the jacket a more flowing shape and nice drape. After playing around with it discovered its even better upside down! Reminds me of a styalized kimono. Great to wear on summer eves :)



No comments:

Post a Comment